It is wise to sign a rental contract on paper with your landlord. A verbal rental contract is also valid, but it is difficult to prove. That is why we advise you to put your agreements on paper. This way you ensure that no misunderstandings can arise later.
A rental contract on paper contains the agreements between you and your landlord about renting a house or room. This concerns the rent, the method of payment and a description of the living space. The rental period is also mentioned.
Always check on the items below:
- Name of the tenant
- Name of the landlord
- The rental price (all-in or split into basic rent and service costs)
- The amount of the deposit
- The address and description of the rented property (such as how many rooms, living room, bathroom, garden)
- The date of commencement of the rental contract
- The time and method of payment
- The date on which the rent is increased annually
- The house rules
- The signatures of the tenant and the landlord