The following points are important here:
- Roomspot handles your personal information carefully. This means, among other things, that we only use the data for the list mentioned in this document and also treat all personal data internally as confidential.
- Roomspot takes all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data and ensures that our suppliers do the same.
- Roomspot adheres strictly to the General Data Protection Regulation and other laws and regulations concerning the processing of personal data.
What data do we collect and what do we use this data for?
Roomspot uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Offering living space: We use your personal data for offering living space and find a good match between your housing requirements and the housing stock.
- Laws and regulations: We use your personal data for the implementation or application of laws and regulations (for example appropriate allocation)
- Archive destination: We use your personal data for archival management, scientific, statistical or historical research.
- Document management: We use your personal data for processing incoming and outgoing documents. Think, for example, of mail registration and e-mail archiving.
- Other internal management: We use your personal data that is necessary to properly run and improve Roomspot.
Woningstichting De Veste, Stichting Jongeren Huisvesting Twente and the University of Twente use your personal details to contact you for allocating housing and for the construction of a rental contract. Private providers and commercial parties may advertise at Roomspot, but they can not use the living space mediation system. They therefore do not have your personal data via Roomspot.
When you register at Roomspot, we ask for the following personal details:
- Call sign
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
In addition, we determine whether or not you are a student and whether or not there is a partner or child.
We also ask for income data that are necessary for the appropriate allocation of housing. Other personal details that you actively provide, for example in the search profile, are also recorded.
Roomspot handles your data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG) and does not pass it on to third parties.
The security of your personal data is our top priority. The data stored with us are therefore protected by technical and organizational measures. Our employees are obliged to keep personal information secret. Technical safety measures to protect the data are checked regularly and, if necessary, adapted to the latest technology. These rules also apply to companies that process and use data in our order and according to our instructions.
Roomspot does not store your data longer than legally permitted and is necessary for the work. How long certain data is stored depends on the type of data.
If you have questions, comments or complaints about the processing of your personal data, you can report this via the contact form on the website. You also always have the following rights:
- Right to access and copy: You have the right to request your own personal data, which is known to us, to ask for the purposes for which that data is used and with whom this data is shared. You also have the right to receive a copy of this. If data from a third party are included in the file in which the data subject wishes to inspect, these data will be protected.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have data corrected or supplemented if the data is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to removal: You have the right to request Roomspot to remove information from you. This request must be granted in, inter alia, the following cases: the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; the personal data have been processed unlawfully; you withdraw your consent (if the processing is based on this).
- Right to object: You have the right to object to a particular recipient for certain processing or dispensing. To that end, you must provide (compelling) personal circumstances.
- Right of limitation: The data subject has the right to obtain the limitation of the processing in, among other things, the following cases: the data subject needs it for the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
Roomspot handles the application within four weeks.
Changes to the privacy statement
Roomspot has the right to change this privacy statement. In order to keep up-to-date with the way we handle personal data, we encourage you to review this statement from time to time.
If you have any questions or comments after reading this privacy statement, please fill out the contact form on the website.
Rules and registration terms
You can register as a house hunter at Roomspot:
- If you are sixteen years or older;
- If you are not yet registered with us as a house hunter;
- If the (taxable) income of you and your partner does not exceed € 40.024 per year.
A registration at Roomspot is free. If you register, you create a username and password yourself. After registration you will receive a registration confirmation via e-mail. You can then respond to the housing offer. The registration can be renewed annually. Do not forget to check your data regularly.
Your registration must be complete, accurate and truthful. It is important that your registration details remain up-to-date. You are responsible for this yourself. Do not forget to check this regularly via 'My Roomspot'. If it turns out that your registration details are not correct, we can, for example, withdraw an offer for a living space.
Renew your registration
You must renew your registration annually. You will receive a reminder from us one month before your registration expires. Renewing your registration is free. If you do not renew you will receive a reminder once more. Then we will hand you out at Roomspot. Your registration time will then expire.
Termination of registration
You can unsubscribe yourself as a house hunter at any time. In addition, there are a number of ways in which we can terminate your registration:
- Your registration expires when you accept an offer;
- If you do not respond to an offer or reject three times, your registration will be blocked for two month.